The ways we enable and hinder the encounter with God within the Spiritual Direction session
Spiritual Direction can easily drift in to talking about God. This is worthy conversation, as we explore what may be happening in the life and prayer of a directee. However, we may be missing something vital. After all talking about God is not the same as encountering God. In this day we will look at where as Spiritual Directors we put our focus, and the ways we enable and hinder the encounter with God within the Spiritual Direction session.
Resources referenced on the Day.
- Presentation Slides: No Time Like the Present
- Barry & Connolly: The Practice of Spiritual Direction – (Amazon)
- Rob Marsh paper: Teaching Spiritual Direction as if God Were Real – The Way October 2014
- Painting: Sieger Koder – Washing the Feet (Pauline UK)
- You can watch the recordings of the presentations made on 19 May on youtube here