The ways we enable and hinder the encounter with God within the Spiritual Direction session
A day event for the London Centre For Spiritual Direction 8 January 2021
and for the Birmingham Forum for Spiritual Directors 19 May 2021
Spiritual Direction can easily drift in to talking about God. This is worthy conversation, as we explore what may be happening in the life and prayer of a directee. However, we may be missing something vital. After all talking about God is not the same as encountering God. In this day we will look at where as Spiritual Directors we put our focus, and the ways we enable and hinder the encounter with God within the Spiritual Direction session.
Resources referenced on the Day.
- Presentation Slides: No Time Like the Present
- Barry & Connolly: The Practice of Spiritual Direction – (Amazon)
- Rob Marsh paper: Teaching Spiritual Direction as if God Were Real – The Way October 2014
- Painting: Sieger Koder – Washing the Feet (Pauline UK)
- No Time Like the Present Script The script for the event.
- You can watch the recordings of the presentations on 19 May on youtube here